Are you checking out your options for office printers to buy or lease printers in Toronto? For starters, it is best to analyze the specific printing needs and other operational requirements of your business. This will give you an idea of what particular features and specs you should be looking for. Would a single-function office printer be enough or do you have to make a bigger investment with a multifunction office printer?
In this article, we will weigh in on the advantages and disadvantages of single-function and multifunction printers. Hopefully, this will be able to help you make an informed decision on which office printer would be a perfect fit for your business’ printing requirements and current needs.
As its name implies, a single-function office printer, also known as a standalone printer, only has one purpose—printing. You can choose between inkjet versus laser printers.
Advantages of a Single-Function Printer
- Style and Functionality – A standalone printer is compact, stylish, and easy to use.
It is very straightforward when it comes to buttons and controls. It is a great option for users who get intimidated or confused by a lot of features and functionalities.
- Excellent Printing Specs – Although they cannot copy, fax, or scan, most single-function printers pack a punch in their printing specs. Especially designed for printing, they deliver high-quality outputs at impressive printing resolutions and speed.
- Value for Money – If you only need a printer, you only pay for what you need. A single-function office printer will obviously be more affordable compared to a multifunction printer. The maintenance cost will be lower.
Disadvantages of a Single-Function Printer
- As the business progress and the need for other functions eventually arises, such as scanning, you would have to invest in more devices.
- Single office printers may be more ideal for homes rather than fast-paced office environments where there is a lot of urgent tasks that need to be accomplished and multitasking devices would be more beneficial.
Multifunction printers (MFP), on the other hand, offer you functions beyond basic printing. Lease printers in Toronto now come with office printer units that also works as a scanner, photocopier, and fax machine. There are now sophisticated MFPs, also known as AIO or all-in-one office printers, now also comes with a web browser that can be connected to the Internet and gives you the option to seamlessly print documents from third-party applications, such as Google Docs or Dropbox.
Advantages of Multifunction Office Printers
- Space Savers – You have a multifunction office printer instead of four separate devices taking up desk or floor space in the office. This also gets rid of the ugly case of cables and cords that could be ruining your clean and minimalist office aesthetic.
- Productivity Boosters – Because of their multitasking capability, a multifunction office printer allows you to conveniently tick off a lot of tasks without having to move from one place to another.
- Cost- and Energy Efficient – The outright cost of acquiring a multifunction office printer may be more expensive upfront. But in reality, you end saving more if you consider the fact that you are getting four functions for the price of one. In addition, your organization will also be able to cut back on energy costs because you will be plugging only one device instead of four.
Disadvantages of Multifunction Office Printers
- In the event that your MFP malfunctions, there is a risk that your entire operations can be paralyzed because you will be losing access to a lot of important functions.
- In some cases, in order to offer a lot of features and functionality, some models of multifunction office printers compromise on the quality of printing.
- Repair and maintenance costs may be more expensive, especially if a more advanced model is involved.
After taking a closer look at the complete rundown of pros and cons for both office printers and cross-checking them with what your company needs and affords financially, you will be able to make a smart choice that will provide dramatic benefits in the long run.
Lease Printer Toronto
Busys.ca is a leading provider lease printer in Toronto and in surrounding areas in Canada and the United States.
Aside from our impressive selection of business printers for lease in Toronto, Busys.ca also offers Document Management Solutions and Optical Character Recognition. We are confident that we can provide a customized and results-based strategy for every client, big or small.
Are you ready to maximize your business’ untapped potentials with our services? To know more about our business printers for lease in Toronto and how we can help your business’s efficiency, contact Busys.ca today.