So, you just purchased a brand new Canon printer; congratulations!
We’re sure you’ve had a quick and convenient experience with configuring it and integrating it into your workspace. Most likely, the only missing piece to the puzzle right now would be wireless connectivity.
If you have been wondering how to connect your Canon printer to WiFi, we’re glad to inform you that you have stumbled upon the perfect blog to solve your problem!
Whether you’re working from a Windows or Mac OS, this helpful guide will have your Canon printer connected to WiFi and ready to go in no time!
Connecting in 3, 2, 1!
Before we dive right in, first things first! It’s important to make sure that your WiFi router has a WPS button and utilizes WPA or WPA2 security protocol. Follow these steps to get it done:
- Hit the power button on your Canon printer.
- Switch on your WiFi router via the WPS button.
- Next, access the printer “Home” from the touch screen interface. Then press and hold the “WiFI” button.
- Afterwards, select the “LAN Wireless Set Up” option and press “OK”. At this stage in the process, your Canon printer will search for the access point of your wireless network.
- Select your WiFi Network.
- Select the WiFi access point. At this point, you will be prompted to enter a password or WPA key. Input the information and press “OK”.
- This process will take a few minutes to establish connectivity between your Canon printer and your WiFi router access point.
- Once the connection is established, the power and WiFi light will stop flashing and will proceed to remain lit continuously.
How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi: Windows
- Connect your Canon printer to the WiFi network by means of the aforementioned instructions.
- Next, download the printer driver by visiting this link: canon.com/ijsetup. In case this does not work, refer to the information provided with the printer box or contact the manufacturer’s helpdesk for assistance.
- Once you have accessed the printer driver, double click on the downloadable file and complete the installation process. Afterwards, continue with the next steps in this guide.
- Press the Win Key +R to open the “Run” command.
- Type the following command in the ”Run” dialogue box: control/nameMicrosoft.DevicesAndPrinters.
- Click “OK”.
- At this point, you should see the “Devices and Printers” folder open.
- Select the “Add Printer” button on this window and follow the instructions that appear.
- Complete the process and click “OK”.
- You have successfully connected your Canon printer to your WiFi (Windows version).
- Print away!
How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi: Mac
- First, switch on your Canon printer and Mac device.
- Next, connect your Canon printer to a wireless network by means of the steps discussed in the first section of this guide.
- Once you have completed the previous step, head to the following link to download the printer driver: canon.com/ijsetup. If the link does not work, refer to the information provided with the printer’s box or reach out to the manufacturer’s support desk for assistance.
- Then, select the “Apple menu”, click on “System and Preferences”.
- When the next prompt appears, select “Printers and Scanners”.
- Next, click on the “+” sign to add your Canon printer.
- Now, a pop-up window should appear wherein you can select your Canon printer and click on “Add”.
- Once you’ve added your device, you will see the printer’s name on the left side of your screen.
- Now, your Canon printer is successfully connected to your WiFi network.
- Go ahead and print!
Canon Printer Recommendations
Now that you’re a pro when it comes to connecting your printer to your WiFi connection, you might feel like upgrading your printer or adding another one to boost efficiency in your office.
Take a look at our Canon printer favourites that will give your workspace a tremendous boost! Don’t take our word for it, though, because the specs speak for themselves.
This compact device is engineered to bring the best to small workgroups with an enterprise environment. The imageClass LBP325dn is the perfect marriage of optimal performance and minimal maintenance.
To top it all off, it comes with the ability to add extra paper trays for busy groups. What can we say? This Canon printer is small, yet powerful!
This comprehensive Canon printer features phenomenal capabilities that you can rely on for a streamlined workflow. For your high-speed and high-demand work environments, you need the easy-to-use monochrome laser abilities of the imageCLASS LBP312dn.
With the ability to print up to 80 pages per minute in black and white or colour, you can trust the imagePRESS C810 to live up to its reputation of exceptional quality, excellent productivity, and unparalleled versatility.
Connect With Quality Printers at Busys
At Busys, we believe in delivering technology-driven business services with amazing client service and sustainability at the heart of our brand.